Stuffed mushrooms are a vegetarians dream, when done right of course. This recipe will ultimate become one of your favs.
I’m obsessed with stuffed mushrooms of all kinds. This one, however, is geared towards my vegetarians. But I’m sure my omnivores and carnivores will love it just the same. Lets get started!
Prep time 5 minutes
Total cook time 15-20 minutes
2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 cups of fresh spinach chopped
1 red onion diced finely
3 tablespoons of butter
12 large baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and inside scooped out
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup of cream cheese
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with thin layer of olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat butter over medium heat in skillet. Add minced garlic and onions.
- Cook for one minute and add cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Add spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Add bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Using a damp paper towel wipe down the mushrooms, then place them in baking pan.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of filling into each bella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until mushrooms are tender.
- Let sit for one minute. Serve with lemons.